Monday, September 19, 2022

a journey

Then they said, “Ask God whether or not our journey will be successful.” “Go in peace,” the priest replied. “For the Lord is watching over your journey.”

- Judges 18:5-6 (NLT)

 

I did something this weekend that I never thought I would do.

I went on a solo motorcycle ride.

Let me clarify, I ride my motorcycle alone all the time, but this ride was over 1,000 miles from start to finish, that is what makes it an accomplishment (537 miles yesterday alone!). 

But (you knew there would be a “but” right?) I did not make this ride unprepared.

I spent hours pouring over the plan, from the weather forecast (weather was amazing) and gas stops (I don’t think I stopped anywhere I had planned)  to places to stay (super sketchy hotel, won’t do that again!), places to see (went one place) and potential emergency routes (didn’t have to take them, but there were signs posted “Hurricane Evacuation Route”).

Most of all, I did not go alone.

Before I get on my bike and often while I am riding, I pray.  

I pray for the other vehicles on the road, that their drivers are not distracted.

I pray for the weather, that it remains clear and warm..

I pray that the Lord watch over my journey and clear any obstacles that I may face and that in my travels I am able to show the light of Jesus shining through me.

It was a wonderful adventure, a fine journey.

And I know it was blessed by the Lord.

May the Lord watch over all your journeys.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...