Wednesday, September 28, 2022

the pole

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

- Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

 

Today is the annual “See You At The Pole” day.

For several years I would ask people to meet me at the flagpole in front of the building I worked at. 
Students all across the nation would meet at the flagpole in front of their schools, many with the support of their parents and teachers. 
Why? 

To pray.

We were forced to stop this gathering in 2020 when COVID had us all living in fear and isolation.

Some of us are still working from home, some have never returned to our lives as we previously knew them.

But we never stopped praying.  

Jesus said that when we gather in His name, He is with us.

I saw a meme a while back that rings true:

“just like nasty flies disappear when the flyswatter comes out, so does the enemy when we pray – prayer is the devil swatter!”

Don’t let evil and darkness creep in, even if we can’t meet at the pole for whatever reason.

Pray for our nation, our leaders.

Pray for those who are oppressed, for the sick, for the weak.

Pray for those who defend our freedom, for those who are far away right now, and for those who did not come home when their tour ended.

Pray without ceasing.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...