Tuesday, July 9, 2024

my friend

Dear friend, I pray that you are doing well in every way. I pray that your body is strong and well even as your soul is.

- 3 John 1:2 (NLV)

 

I pray for all my friends daily, some by name and specific situations,  others I just ask God to meet their needs what ever they may be.

Like many others in the mid-west (referring to those who live in Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas) we had some property damage from the weather over the last few months. 

As a result, we are in the process of having our privacy fence replaced because it was beyond repair.
We did the normal thing, asking around for references, getting quotes, having insurance adjusters check things out, all that stuff.
We decided on a local company and the owner brought over a contract for us. 
When he walked in, he said “my wife knows you guys, she’s Facebook friends with you”.
I am a bit ashamed to admit that I couldn’t place her. 

I have almost 1,500 Facebook friends, from family to classmates, from co-workers to motorcycle buddies, from coconspirators in cat fostering to people we’ve met in travel networks.
I found her in my friend list, and I still couldn’t place her in my life. 
I told him that I probably knew her because of cats or because of God.
Her husband said, “you found her driver’s license once and contacted her”. 
Holy catfish y’all – I immediately remembered her, and the situation. 

That was 2018 folks – my husband found her driver’s license in a parking lot after an event, I found her on Facebook, sent her messages, and called her until she answered. 
We spent at least a half hour talking when we met so she could get her driver’s license.
And she never deleted me from Facebook, she’s been following me this whole time.

Talk about a God thing.
I suspect that we will probably go from Facebook friends to actual friends, since God has had us cross paths twice now.
I can’t wait to see what He has in store for us! 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...