Monday, July 1, 2024

I’m disappointed

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth — praise to our God; many will see it and fear and will trust in the Lord.

- Psalm 40:1-3 (NKJV)

 

It’s disappointing when things don’t go the way we wish they would go.
This past Friday morning I washed my cell phone – literally, I put it in the washing machine, and it went through a wash cycle and had started the rinse cycle before I realized where it was and retrieved it.
How I did not destroy my phone, I will never know, I am chalking it up to the grace of God.
Honestly, that should have been my first clue that the day was not going to go according to my plan, but then who am I to make plans anyway?

I needed to leave my house at 1pm for an event a few hours away, but again, I kept hitting roadblocks and did not leave until two hours later.
I never made it to my destination. 

Road construction on the interstate had us delayed by at least another hour as we sat in non-moving traffic.
Finally on the way, we had an hour and twenty minutes left of our drive and “pop”, we blew a tire on our RV.
It wasn’t just the tire though, it never is with an RV, the pieces of tire pushed off the panel where our electric hookups are, completely separating the wiring from the housing.
It was the trip that would not happen. 
I was so disappointed; I was looking forward to the adventure with a group of friends exploring an area on our ATVs.
So, I did what I always do, I used Google to find comfort in the Bible. 

“Come to Jesus Christ with your disappointment, trusting Him to meet you and change your heart”.

This wording referenced Psalm 40:1-3.
I tried very hard to not let the disappointment overtake me, but it was tough. 
In my mind I heard all the quotes about how things happen for a reason, and how God had other plans, but it didn’t make me feel better, I was still disappointed.
I knew I’d be fine, that I would move past it, but for the rest of Friday and most of Saturday, I was just disappointed.
Fortunately, things turned around and Saturday night, while not what I had planned, we had fun with a different group of friends and Sunday we were able to celebrate the 7th birthday of a very special little girl.
It just goes to prove that we should indeed trust God, He did put a new song in my mouth.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

good leaders

If a man cannot be a good leader in his own home, how can he lead the church? - 1 Timothy 3:5 (NLV)   There are leaders everywhere, at our w...