Monday, July 22, 2024

my soul isn’t dead

If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have been among the dead.

- Psalm 94:17 (NLV)

 

It is weird to think about your soul dying.
But I think that we have all felt it at some point in our lives. 
I know that personally I have struggled and cried out for help many times, not knowing that God was there every time.

But I was so overcome by grief or anger that I could not hear Him.
I feel like my soul has died many times, that I just have nothing left in me to give.
This weekend was a traumatic comedy of errors for my family, I personally spent hours crying over stuff that was completely out of my control.
But God got me through it, some how, just like He does every single time. 
How do I know this? 
Because I am still here, my family is safe. 
I wake up every morning because He gives me another day. 
It is well with my soul. 
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. 
How great Thou art. 
The everlasting God. 
Yeah, those are all songs, and they are all true. 
My soul will not die because I have God on my side. 

And there is nothing I can’t get through because He is there.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...