For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
— Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)Have you ever looked at the sky and found shapes in the clouds? It might be a children's game, but I still do it. I love finding dragons and dinosaurs, whales and cars in the puffy white clouds. A few weeks ago, I happened to look out the window at work and noticed an unusual group of clouds. The first thing I saw was fingers—almost like an outstretched hand. And immediately I thought, the hand of God.
We tend to look for God's hand in the big stuff. The answered prayer. The miracle. The door that suddenly opens. The disaster we narrowly avoided. But most days don't look like that. Most days look like sitting at work, looking out a window, doing ordinary life. Yet His hand is still there.
Sometimes it's easy to see God's hand. Other times we're standing in the middle of something we don't understand. The prayer hasn't been answered. We don't know where the road is leading. We can't connect the dots. Maybe faith isn't always seeing God's hand. Sometimes faith is trusting the hand you're holding.
Not every situation will end the way we hoped. Not every prayer will be answered the way we expected. But God doesn't promise that we'll always understand what He's doing. He promises that we won't walk through it alone. And so often, when we finally get far enough down the road to look back, we can see things we couldn't see while we were living them.
Turns out, His hand was there all along.
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.