Thursday, July 18, 2024

my plans

The Lord knows all human plans; He knows that they are futile.

- Psalm 94:11 (NIV)

 

A friend of mine is a photographer, she does mostly wildlife and landscapes, talented enough to have captured some amazing photos.
She has given me permission to share her photos occasionally, so when you see a watermark “Pam Reynolds Photography” on the photos I post on social media, you know that is her work.
The Lord knows our plans, I certainly see this in my everyday life, sometimes I think God says “oh you think so, huh?  Watch this.”

I know he doesn’t really, but it sure seems that way on occasion.
So, my friend Pam, she recently posted that her morning was not planned, but she woke up early for whatever reason, made coffee and hopped in her car to drive to a little valley where she had seen some gorgeous foggy sunrises.
This particular morning there was no fog, so she drove around and hoped God would give her a view somewhere.
Boy did He deliver. 
She said, “This is somewhere. Unplanned. At least by me.” 
She may have planned a foggy sunrise picture, but God wanted her to see things through a different lens.
I think that is a great idea – instead of seeing things as bad when they don’t go according to OUR plans, maybe we should consider that God wants us to view things through a different lens.
Maybe this would make us accept our broken plans a little easier. 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible


Link to the picture I am referencing today: 

https://www.facebook.com/share/YJ3EkJxFjzZzv6UM/?mibextid=NoJtEM


Link to my friend’s photography page: 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61559651136650&mibextid=LQQJ4d



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...