Thursday, July 11, 2024

protected

What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.

- Genesis 28:15 (NLT)

 

Recently I met a little girl with as much patience as I have – and if you know me, you know that it’s not a lot.
While in a swimming pool with her family and some friends, the little girl wanted to remove her swim vest so that she could dive under the water.
Her mom explained that she needed the swim vest on because she could not touch the bottom of the pool and was not yet strong enough to swim.
The little girl tried to argue with her mom, utilizing every excuse she could think of, from “yes, I can” when asked if she could touch the bottom to “I know how to swim” when mom told her she needed to swim without struggling.
The little girl cried, pouted, and argued until her mom sat her on the ladder and reminded her about a promise she had made as a mom.
This mom told her daughter that it is a mom’s responsibility to keep their child safe, that letting her go without her swim vest would not be safe, and that would make her a bad mom.
She said that she had always promised to take care of her daughter and letting her do something unsafe would be breaking that promise.
That is one amazing mom, right there! 
The little girl stopped pouting and crying because she knew she was protected. 

It is the same with us and God.
As a child of God, we are reminded quite emphatically that our Father cares for us and watches over us no matter where we go or what we do.
He will be with us always and He will fulfill every promise He made to our ancestors.

Promises of God cannot be broken, the Lord will never leave us, and we will always be protected by Him.

That is a great promise.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...