Wednesday, March 13, 2024

sharing the hurt

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

- (2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLT)

 

I am told that I am an empath, a person that is highly attuned to the feelings and emotions of those around me.

I feel what others are projecting very deeply.

There are some situations where the emotion in a room is so “loud” that it overwhelms me.
More often though, it is in a one-on-one situation where someone is troubled that I can comfort them.
I think that God has blessed me with this gift and that I can offer love and comfort to others because He has loved and comforted me.
I know that God doesn't bless us with His presence and the comfort of His Spirit because we are somehow better than everyone else.
He comforts us to equip, empower, and encourage us to do the same for others.

Our troubles and experiences give us a vocabulary to help others who are going through similar situations.

We may think that our circumstances make us unable to minister, but the Scripture tells us that the very weight around our neck can become a tool for ministry to others.

There is something about comfort that cannot be fully realized until it is shared with someone else.

Comforting someone else could be that final step in the healing process of our own grief, disappointment, hurt, or loss.

Until we share the comfort we have received, until we pass it on to another, our comfort is weak, shallow, and limited.

We see our failures and struggles, but God sees them as qualifications to be used mightily.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...