Thursday, March 28, 2024

don’t listen

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

- Revelation 12:11 (NKJV) 

 

I believe that we have all been through some crazy things in our lives.

I think about my story, some of the things that I experienced, the damage that was done to me physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and I am happy to say that I made it through because I was strong. 

Then I hear someone else’s story - everyone has a story - and I think “wow, that would have broken me, and look at this person, still standing strong”.

We compare stories with our friends and sometimes even strangers, we do it so that people know where we are coming from and how we can relate to one another, and we all feel that we have come through the fires because we are strong. 

We have come through the fires because of God’s grace.

He is the one that holds us, uplifts us, carries us.
I have a friend (Leon) who wrote this to me a few years ago. 
I had his permission to share then, so I am sure he is good with me sharing his words again:
Sharing your testimony with others is a must for all Christians.

When giving your testimony, you tell how you came to trust in Christ alone as your Lord and Savior.

You tell how God opened your eyes on how you were in need of a Savior.

Testimony is a form of praise and honor to Christ.

It is sharing with others the events that led up to our salvation and how God has worked in our lives to bring us to our faith.

We also use it as a way to encourage others.

Know that every time when you’re going through trials and sufferings in life, that’s an opportunity to share a testimony of how God worked in your life and made you stronger.

Remember, testimony is not only the things that we say.

The way we live our life is a testimony to unbelievers as well.

Your story is the key that can unlock someone else’s prison.

Jeremy Camp released the song Overcome in 2010, here are the lyrics:

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind
God's only Son, perfect and spotless one
He never sinned but suffered as if He did

All authority
Every victory is Yours
All authority
Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever
Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame

Power in hand speaking the Father's plan
You're sending us out, light in this broken land

All authority
Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all our praise, You overcame, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever
Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame, yeah

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
And the word of our testimony, everyone overcome

Never allow the enemy to tell you that you are a failure, when he reminds you of your past, remember God’s faithfulness in you.

Being a Christ follower is not about comfort, though it can be comforting.

Being a Christ follower is not easy, though it lightens our burdens.

However, being a Christ follower IS about testifying to what we have seen and heard, what has touched our lives and how we can touch others.

We don’t overcome by shrinking back from our faith; we are called to go forward, even when the road is hard and we may feel all alone.

Over the years I have found myself becoming more vocal about my faith. 

I would hope, that hearing my testimony will lead someone, just give a little nudge, toward a path with my Father.

It is up to us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...