Monday, March 4, 2024

ignorant arguments

Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.

- 2 Timothy 2:23-25 (NLT)

 

Last week was rough.
Those who have been reading my daily thoughts for a while know that sometimes I use this as an outlet to be raw and vulnerable.
This is one of those times. 
I am a little bit of a control freak, so when things spin out of control, I tend to get a bit anxious.
The anxiety turns to anger, and often the anger tuns to tears. 
I often feel like I am a horrible human because I spend so much time preaching the Gospel, and yet I have so much anger and hate in my heart I just want to quit everything.
Everything. 

I let people down.
I don’t follow up on my commitments. 

I feel like I let this anger and hate consume me and suddenly nothing good comes from me.

My words to everyone are sharp and hateful.
Don’t get involved in foolish ignorant arguments that only start fights.
There are days when I think that is all I do, fight with everyone.  

A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people

Be kind to difficult people?
Even when they belittle you and make you look and feel dumb? 

We are still called to be kind.

Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.

Truth is the key to freedom, truth breaks chains and tears down walls.
I am a little less angry today, but I am still working on the kind, patient, and gentle part.

It might take a while for God to change my heart, but at least I know He is working on me.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...