Thursday, March 21, 2024

no more

He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken.

- Isaiah 25:8 (NKJV)

 

We are taught that some day death will not look the same and there will come a day that we won’t be sad anymore.

We learned that our sin and shame will be wiped away and we will be with the Father in Heaven.
There is a secular song from 1982 called Mad World by the band Tears For Fears, it’s been covered by a few bands since then, here are some of the lyrics:
All around me are familiar faces

Worn-out places, worn-out faces

Bright and early for their daily races

Going nowhere, going nowhere

And their tears are filling up their glasses

No expression, no expression

Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow

No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you, 'cause I find it hard to take

When people run in circles

It's a very, very

Mad world

There is more, but for today I just want to look at this part.  

The author was recalling a very unhappy childhood, but the line “the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had” is not a suicide note.
Instead, the writer wanted to explain how morbid dreams can release tension; the dreamer wakes up feeling better.
I’m not sure that I’ve woken up feeling “better” when I’ve dreamt of death. 
I do feel better knowing that I won’t be here forever, that there is a reward in Heaven.
God promised that we will have a day where He takes our sadness and fears. 
Live each day to the fullest, loving life and being a light for the mad world around us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...