Tuesday, March 12, 2024

hard hearts

Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.

- Hebrews 3:8a (NKJV)

 

Way back in the 1900’s, ok, it wasn’t really that long ago, more like 1981 there was a soft rock band called Quarterflash.
Now, back in the 80’s music was a bit repetitive, the song Harden My Heart had about 10 original lines and three lines of chorus that was repeated about 10 times.
The chorus was 
I'm gonna harden my heart
I'm gonna swallow my tears
I'm gonna turn and leave you here

Obviously this 1981 hit is not a Christian song, nor does it say anything about God or Jesus, but this line:
You gave me your word but words for you are lies

How often do we struggle to discern God’s voice from that of the father of lies?
The evil one will lie to our faces, and that is when we have to harden our hearts.
Israel wandered the desert for 40 years because they hardened their hearts at the wrong voice.
They rebelled because they did not understand what God had done for them and what little He asked for in return.

Listen. Today, if you hear His voice, don’t harden your heart.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...