Thursday, June 1, 2023

I won the lottery!

The more you have, the more people come to help you spend it. So what good is wealth—except perhaps to watch it slip through your fingers!

- Ecclesiastes 5:11 (NLT)

 

I’m guessing that I got your attention with that title. 
Quite often if someone thinks that you are “well off”, they will drop hints about the things they need or be bold and come right out and ask you to give them money or stuff, then they get mad if you don’t give them money or co-sign for a car or a loan for them. 
I honestly had a family member tell other family members that I was “rich” because my house was nicer than the houses he had lived in, and my two-income household had two vehicles. 
I’ve heard people make snarky comments about things that we have saved up and purchased over the years because “it wasn’t fair” that we had these things and they did not.
You hear stories all the time about people that win large sums of cash and suddenly there are long-lost family members on their doorstep. 
To be honest, it is very sad that folks just can’t be genuinely happy for someone’s good fortune without thinking that they deserve a part of that good fortune. 
There are people that have nice things because they work very hard for what they have, and there are others that will rack up debt so that they have the best of everything. 
If you want something go earn it, don’t expect someone to give it to you. 
Learn how to budget and save for those things that you really want, rather than having to work until you die because you have so much debt (Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace is a great program to teach you how to budget so you can live well). 
Above all, be happy with what you have because there are many out there that have nothing. 
Help those who are truly in need but be aware of those who are only your friend because of what you have to offer.  

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...