Tuesday, June 20, 2023

victory

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

- 1 Corinthians 15:57 (NKJV)

 

Victory in Jesus!  WOW! 
When I hear those words, I am transported back to the days of going to the Presbyterian church and hearing the old hymns that I still love.

E.M. Bartlett wrote the hymm Victory In Jesus in 1939, and it still resonates today:

I heard an old, old story

How a Savior came from glory

How He gave His life on Calvary

To save a wretch like me

I heard about His groaning

Of His precious blood's atoning

Then I repented of my sins

And won the victory, yeah

Oh, victory in Jesus, my Savior forever

He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood

He loved me 'ere I knew Him and all my love is due Him

He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood

I heard about His healing

Of His cleansing power revealing

How He made the lame to walk again

And caused the blind to see

And then I cried, "Dear Jesus, come and heal my broken spirit"

And somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory

...

Sweet, sweet Jesus

...

E.M. Bartlett suffered a stroke in 1939 and wrote “Victory In Jesus”, if you think on that for a moment, you see someone that has gone through a tragedy and come out on the other side giving credit to the Lord for seeing them through. 
How many of us do that?
Too often we feel like it is our own intelligence and strength that gets us through the tough times. 
We didn’t get that intelligence and strength by chance, these are gifts from God.

Gifts that we should acknowledge and be thankful for.

Every victory is a victory in Jesus.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...