Monday, June 19, 2023

enabled

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.

- 1 Timothy 1:12 (NKJV)

 

Have you ever noticed that every generation has “buzz words”? 
Buzz words are a word or a phrase that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context (thank you, Oxford Dictionary) 
Gen Z used “FOMO” Fear Of Missing Out, “cancel culture” a form of shaming the actions or opinions of others, “boujee” extravagant or fancy, “cheugy” not at all trendy, “woke” refers to being politically aware. 
Gen Z seems to have the longest list of buzz words (I found 50) but don’t let the internet fool us, millennials, gen x and baby boomers all had their phrases. 
Enabled. 
According to the Cambridge dictionary (wow, I’m all over the place, aren’t I?) “enablement is the process of making someone able to do something or make something possible.

This could be as simple as removing roadblocks and having the right tools to get the job done.

Or it could be placing the right person in the right place at the right time. 
We are enabled, whether we know it or not. 
We are given the tools we need to make things happen and it is up to us to determine the purpose for which we will use those tools. 
I never dreamed I would write every day, much less write every day, publish my musings on a public forum and that my words would make a difference for some people. 
But here I am, slaying it. (another buzz phrase). 
Often I get in my own head (another buzz phrase) and wonder if I should continue writing, and then (without prompting) someone will respond to something I wrote telling me it was just what they needed to hear that day. 
It’s not me. 

I am humble enough to know that these are not my words.

My blog is “God’s word, my thoughts” but honestly who gives me those thoughts? 
He does. 

I have the Bible, the internet, countless mentors, and friends to help me understand what I read, those are the tools. 
Christ has enabled me, and He has faith in me to do this ministry, this thing that He wants me to do. 
God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called. 
What is He calling you to do for your ministry? 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...