Friday, June 16, 2023

be strong

 *I’m taking some time off this week, so today is the last day of “best of”. I hope you enjoy these reflections.*  

 

be strong (March 5, 2020)

 

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

- Joshua 1:9

 

God commands us to be strong, it is not a suggestion!

Joshua was just instructed to take over for Moses, and the people had been in the desert for 40 years.

I am sure that Joshua was wondering “why me” and “how can I do this”, when God told him to be strong, to be courageous, to NOT be afraid and to NOT be discouraged. 

I don’t know about you, but these are not things that I am good at being – strong and courageous – but I may have the market cornered on afraid and discouraged!

Ok seriously though, God wants us to know, just as He was there with Joshua, He is there with us, every step of the way.

If at any time you are afraid, you can simply turn to Him. 

He’s quite amazing like that.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...