Thursday, June 15, 2023

almost home

*I’m taking some time off this week, so the next 2 days will be a “best of”. I hope you enjoy these reflections.*  

 

almost home (March 18, 2020)

 

Friends, this world is not your home, so don’t make yourselves cozy in it. Don’t indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they’ll be won over to God’s side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives.

- 1 Peter 2:11-12 (MSG)

 

I’ve been frustrated over a situation in my life recently.

I’ve been angry, I have cried, I have hated.

And where did it get me?

Nowhere.

And here comes the song reference: [MercyMe; Almost Home;2021]

Are you disappointed?

Are you desperate for help?

You know what it's like to be tired

And only a shell of yourself

Well you start to believe

You don't have what it takes

'Cause it's all you can do

Just to move, much less finish the race

But don't forget what lies ahead

Almost home

Brother, it won't be long

Soon all your burdens will be gone

With all your strength

Sister, run wild, run free

Hold up your head

Keep pressing on

We are almost home

Well this road will be hard

But we win in the end

Simply because of Jesus in us

It's not if, but when

So take joy in the journey

Even when it feels long

Oh find strength in each step

Knowing heaven is cheering you on

I know that the cross has brought heaven to us

But make no mistake, there's still more to come

When our flesh and our bone are no longer between

Where we are right now and where we're meant to be

When all that's been lost is made whole again

When these tears and this pain no longer exist

No more walking, we're running as fast as we can

Consider this our second wind

Almost home

We are almost home

I really have been a shell of myself, doubting everything that I knew about me, feeling like a failure.

But you know what?

It’s not over.

I will continue to be who I am, the daughter of the King, and no one can bring me down.

I hope that the ones who hurt me see that the flame the placed on me did not burn me, but only made me stronger and more determined to survive, and I hope they know that it was God that saved me from them.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...