Tuesday, June 6, 2023

this is how it worked out

Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.

- Hebrews 2:18 (NIV)

 

Do you often find yourself thinking how crazy it is that everything worked out?

Perhaps something happened that made you sad, but not too far down the road another event led you to a place you would have not noticed had you not been sad? 
Garth Brooks (ooo look, I’m country!) released a song in 1990 called Unanswered Prayers, read these lyrics: 
Just the other night at a hometown football game

My wife and I ran into my old high school flame

And as I introduced them the past came back to me

And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be

She was the one that I'd wanted for all times

And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine

And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then

I'd never ask for anything again

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams

And I could tell that time had changed me

In her eyes too it seemed

We tried to talk about the old days

There wasn't much we could recall

I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife

And then and there I thanked the good Lord

For the gifts in my life

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care

. . .

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

How many unanswered prayers have you had that you later found a better road to travel? 
And what the heck does this have to do with that verse? 

Hold on tight, I’m about to take you full circle. 
How often do you get mad at someone for offering you advice (or my favorite – telling you how to do something) when they haven’t got a single clue about the situation?

Well guess what y’all - Jesus suffered. 
Jesus was tempted. 
So, when you don’t understand how you can turn to Jesus when you are in a spot, remember, that He was once in a spot too. 
You don’t have to be alone and unsure because Jesus will take that from you. 
Jesus can help us through the rough patches because He went through something far worse so He could take our pain, our suffering, our temptation and turn it around so it all works out. 
Call on Jesus (another good song!), He is there for you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...