Monday, June 12, 2023

it’s my soul

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.

- Psalm 103:2 (KJV)

 

Good morning, it is a good day to be blessed, right?

Do we really take the time to be thankful for all of our blessings? 
Matt Redman released 10,000 Reasons in May 2012, please let the lyrics soak in a minute:  

Bless the Lord, O my soul,

O my soul, worship His holy Name.

Sing like never before, O my soul.

I’ll worship Your holy Name.

The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning;

It’s time to sing Your song again.

Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me,

Let me be singing when the evening comes.

...

You’re rich in love and You’re slow to anger,

Your Name is great and Your heart is kind;

For all Your goodness I will keep on singing,

Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

...

And on that day when my strength is failing,

The end draws near and my time has come;

Still my soul sings Your praise unending,

Ten thousand years and then forevermore.

...

We are so blessed that we can bring our needs to God and pour out our hearts to Him.

We don’t always thank Him though. 
Often we don’t thank Him because we don’t know how. 
Psalm 103 is perfect for moments when we’ve received a blessing. 
Sometimes we need to thank Him while we are waiting for our blessings. 
And sometimes our blessings come in disguise, but that is another song. 

Remember to sing praises.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...