Monday, June 5, 2023

seriously

But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously— take God seriously.

- Micah 6:8 (MSG)

 

I have often been accused of taking things too seriously. 
I mean, how can I not? 
There is a lot going on in this world, and yeah, sometimes I forget to stop and breathe, who has time? 
When we look around us, what do we see? 
Are we seeing neighbors that need help? 
Do we have friends that are hurting or in need? 
Did we notice that there are people crying out for help? 
Now, look again, and what are we doing to help? 
What are our children seeing when they watch us? 
Does the younger generations see us helping our neighbor when they are in trouble and comforting our friends in their pain, or are they seeing us walk away from people as they cry out for help and turning our backs to those in need?

God made it clear that we are to help one another, be fair, be just, be compassionate. 
It’s time we take God seriously. 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...