Friday, February 3, 2023

it’s difficult though

Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.

- James 1:2-3 (TLB)

 

Everyday we hear of someone going through a rough time.

Sometimes that “someone” is us.

There are many kinds and sizes of trials out there that humans face and each person handles their trials differently.

One of the cringiest sayings I’ve ever heard is “I know how you feel” because while I may have gone through the exact same thing that someone else is going through, I do not know how they feel. 

My dad died when I was 15 years old so I do know how I felt growing up without a dad and how sad I am sometimes that he can’t share my successes with me, but I don’t know how my friend that lost her dad recently feels. 

My mother passed away in December of 2021 – although I really lost her twelve years before her death because of the disease, so I don’t even know how to explain my feelings when she passed into the arms of her Savior.

No matter how hard we want the situation to be the same, each person feels their struggles differently.

Each situation is a test of faith, a chance for us to grow in our relationship with God.

Our troubles are hard – there is no doubt they are hard - but we need to remember that we are not alone and when we come out on the other side of the situation, we are stronger because of our faith.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...