Wednesday, February 22, 2023

live carefully

The Lord who rules over all says, “Think carefully about how you are living. You have planted many seeds. But the crops you have gathered are small. So you eat. But you never have enough. You drink. But you are never full. You put on your clothes. But you are not warm. You earn your pay. But it will not buy everything you need.”

- Haggai 1:5-6 (NIRV)

 

This is an interesting verse, I actually had to do some research to understand the meaning of it.

I mean, we have been taught that God will provide for our every need, but this verse seems to contradict that completely!

Since these “daily bread” messages are my opinion, I believe that this verse is a reminder that we can do everything that we are told, but if we do it half-heartedly, we will not get all the benefits of our work. 

We will see more positive results when we put our whole heart into everything that we do.

From washing dishes to raising our children to taking care of ourselves we need to do our best. 
There are a lot of sayings about giving it your all and doing things with a cheerful heart, I think the bottom line is we get out what we put in.

If we live carefully, we will truly have everything that we need because God will take care of us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...