Monday, February 6, 2023

I asked for strength

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

- Psalm 46:1 (KJV)

 

Social media can be interesting to say the very least.

I am thankful for the reconnections with friends and family, and for the new friends.

I love seeing pictures of pets, children, and grandchildren, I even giggle at the occasional meme or video clip.

A friend posted this last week, and I felt the need to share:

I asked for strength –

And God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom –

And God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for courage –

And God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for love –

And God gave me troubled people to help.

My prayers were answered.

Here is where I really appreciate social media.

We spill our lives on social media, we share our joys and our sorrows.

I am very fortunate in that if I post a struggle or sorrow my friends are quick to respond with prayers and well wishes.

But what about before social media? 
Where did we turn for wisdom, strength, courage, and love? 
We should have been turning to God and as convenient as social media is, we should still turn to Him.

We might get answers from our friends or internet search engines, but the right answers come from one source – God the Father.

And if we really consider our lives, we will see that He has answered all our prayers.
It may not be the answer that we want, but it is definitely the answer we need. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...