Tuesday, February 14, 2023

love or nothing

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NLT)

 

Today is the day that the whole world celebrates love.

I know there are some that don’t like Valentine’s day because they are single or have significant others that don’t buy them flowers, jewelry, candy or anything for that matter. 
God loves you. 

Maybe it doesn’t help, but I know for fact that it is true.

And because He loves us, we are to love one another, in fact it is right up there with the greatest commandment (see Matthew 22:37-40).

So guess what? 
I love you. 

How can I love you if I don’t know you?

Because I love Jesus and He said that I should love you. 
I may not be able to buy everyone flowers or candy, but I can love you with my whole heart, and I do.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...