Thursday, February 2, 2023

the struggle is real

For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies—the evil rulers of the unseen world, those mighty satanic beings and great evil princes of darkness who rule this world; and against huge numbers of wicked spirits in the spirit world. So use every piece of God’s armor to resist the enemy whenever he attacks, and when it is all over, you will still be standing up.

- Ephesians 6:12-13 (TLB)

 

The first thing I think about when I read the first part of this verse is ghosts.

A lot of movies have been released that focus on ghosts, some are good some are not. 
If you take a moment to consider ghosts and whether they are real or perceived, keep in mind that some people deal with ghosts every single day.

These ghosts may be disguised as anxiety, pain, or depression.

I have faced all three of these demons and some days it is extremely hard to push them away.

My husband is amazing – over the years he has learned what sets my ghosts free and he tries to stop them before they become an issue.

But the struggle is real.

Read that again, the struggle is real, very real.

With every ghost that I encounter, one thing is consistent – God is there giving my husband the tools he needs in the moment.  

Every “thing” that freaks me out or holds power over me, those are not things of God, those are little forces of evil trying to break my faith.

Sometimes, the ghosts merely scratch the surface but there have been times when they have left huge gaping wounds and the darkness comes close to winning.

Then I run to God, my Father, my protector.

The rest of this chapter in Ephesians talks about putting on the whole armor of God to protect yourself from the forces of evil, to help you in choosing His way.

Our struggle against evil is not even close to being over, but we can protect ourselves by leaning on God.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...