Thursday, February 16, 2023

no longer

Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.

- Romans 6:14 (NLT)

 

I can’t even write about this verse without a song reference, this one is “No Longer Slaves” by Bethel Music. . . 
You unravel me

With a melody

You surround me with a song

Of deliverance

From my enemies

'Til all my fears are gone

I'm no longer a slave to fear

I am a child of God

I'm no longer a slave to fear

I am a child of God

From my mother's womb

You have chosen me

Love has called my name

I've been born again

Into Your family

Your blood flows through my veins

I'm no longer a slave to fear

I am a child of God

...

You split the sea

So I could walk right through it

My fears are drowned in perfect love

You rescued me

So I could stand and say

I am a child of God

...

Yes, I am a child of God
If we think hard about it, we can look back and see all the times that we let ourselves be held back by fear.

All the “what-ifs” that we dwell on, all the missed opportunities.

Stop. Right now. Stop letting fear be the thing that keeps you from your happiness – fear is a liar (that is a whole different song reference!) and you do not have to live like that anymore. 

You are a child of God.

You have freedom. 
Sin does not have a hold on you when you follow God. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...