Friday, October 9, 2026

from my driveway

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
- Genesis 9:13 (NIV)
 
Last Thursday brought storms through our area. Afterward, pictures started popping up from people who had seen beautiful rainbows—some captured the entire arc, and some even saw double rainbows.
I walked outside and looked up.
From my driveway, I couldn't see the whole thing. Just one incredibly vibrant piece stretching through the clouds.
But what a piece it was.
After the flood, God placed the rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant. A rainbow doesn't create God's promise. It's a reminder of one He already made.
And maybe that's why I love the view I got.
Someone else could see the whole rainbow. Someone else got two. I only saw a piece—but their view didn't make mine any less beautiful.
Sometimes we do the same thing with God's goodness. We look at someone else's life and see what appears to be the whole rainbow while we're standing in our own driveway holding one little piece.
But God's faithfulness isn't determined by how much of it I can see.
A rainbow requires both light and rain. I'd certainly prefer the sunshine without the storm, but together they create something neither one can produce alone.
The rainbow isn't a promise that there will never be another storm. It's a reminder that God will still be God when the storm is over.
I may not always understand the rain. I may only see a piece of what God is doing.
But I can trust the One who made the promise.
 
#dailybreadbykitty
Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

from my driveway

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. - Genesis 9:13 (NIV)   Last Thursday ...