Thursday, May 5, 2022

is it love?

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

— Romans 12:9

 

We use the word “love” a lot in our everyday lives.

We love coffee, we love the way a dress looks in the store, we love our car, we love cats (some of more than others).

I personally find that my heart is often not in it when I say, “I love it”, that it has become an automatic response in the world much like one says “fine, thank you” when another asks “how are you”. 

We need to stop faking and love with our whole hearts, even if that means letting go of the things that we think we love.

Coffee, clothes, cars and even cats can be gone in an instant and we are left with emptiness that can be quickly filled with evil.

That is not good at all.

Learn to be sincere, learn to love people, not things and above all cling to what is good.

God is good, cling to Him.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...