Friday, May 27, 2022

names

In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

- John 16:26-27

 

There are many references to names that I could bring up, from Shakespeare’s famous line “what’s in a name, that by which a rose is called by any other name would smell as sweet” to game shows focusing on people and their given names to multiple genres of music asking, “who are you” or “you don’t know my name”.

There is one name above all names that we should know, and that is the name of our Lord and Savior.

When we know Jesus, we come to know the Father and that is how we begin our relationship with Him.

We all know “Me and Bobby McGee”, Sweet Caroline”,  “Eleanor Rigby” and “Peggy Sue”. 
Shouldn’t we know who our Father is too? 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...