Tuesday, May 17, 2022

powerful, amazing women

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

- Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)

 

I missed calling out Mother’s day this year.

It was a pretty tough day for me because it is the first Mother’s day without my mother.

I didn’t think it was going to be as hard on me as it was, I was really quite surprised that it hit me like it did.

I have known some powerful and amazing women in my life.

I have an aunt on my dad’s side that was one of the original “Rosie the Riveter” ladies back in World War II, she even got to go on an Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. the last year of her life. 

I have a cousin (also on my dad’s side) that made quite the name for herself musically by earning 2 Grammys, CMA’s Female Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, ACM’s Album of the Year, New female Artist of the Year and Video of the Year. 

I have a friend who is a retired Army Chaplain, she has traveled the world between her military career and her post military career.

There are so many more women that have touched my life in one way or another and each of them have been “Proverbs 31 ladies”.

Women are amazing, but women of God are even more amazing. 
I hope you have the opportunity to get to know a woman of God, and if you already know one, tell her she is wonderful.

    

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...