Friday, May 13, 2022

waging war

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

- 2 Corinthians 10:3-4

 

There are many weapons that Satan uses against the people of God.

Do you ever compare yourself to others and feel like you don’t quite measure up, that you are not as smart, pretty, personable or Christian as they are?

If you answered that with a “no”, I don’t think you are being honest with yourself.

I know that I often look at stuff or characteristics that my friends have and get a little envious because it is so easy to think that if I had more or knew more, I’d be secure.

It’s a foolish comparison as all comparisons are, yet don’t we do it all the time?

If only I was like her…if only I had a house like hers, a husband like hers, a job like hers…if only my children behaved like hers…

If only <insert comparison here>, then I’d feel significant, satisfied and secure.

If only . . .

The truth is, even people who “have it all” still struggle with feelings of insecurity.

These are the weapons that are used against us, that can destroy us, weapons that are not of this world.  

While these forces might have a great deal of influence in the world at large, we need to be determined that Satan's deception won't rule in us.

We must be committed to God’s truth!

Our culture is obsessed with many different gods, beliefs, and choices.

We must be vigilant to take every thought, fear and anxiety and make it obedient to God.

The world we live in is unprincipled and it doesn’t fight fair.

But we should not live or fight our battles that way.

We must use the knowledge and power we have been given to smash warped philosophies, to tear down barriers erected against the truth.

We must remember that God loves us, He made us who we are, what we are, every part, every hair, and He loves US.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...