Monday, May 30, 2022

we were made for this

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.

- Psalm 119:73-74

 

Today is Memorial Day, a reminder that our freedom isn’t free, thousands of men and women died fighting for the freedoms that we all enjoy, including the freedom that I am expressing in my Daily Bread each day.  I honor and thank every soldier. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming😊 .

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend “Heart of the Ozarks” which is the Arkansas State rally for Christian Motorcycle Association.

It is always fun to meet up with other chapters and celebrate what God is doing in the community.

There were three keynote speakers this weekend (I missed one), but the one that honestly impacted me the most was Sunday morning when the Arkansas State CMA Representative spoke. 
He reminded us how our messages affect our ministry when we go out into the world. 
How unforgiveness can destroy a family – any family – biological, chapter, work – unforgiveness can creep in and destroy everything.

How will other people see Jesus in us if we are showing anger?

We need to work out our problems and be the family God created us to be.

He reminded us to stay in the light because if we move out of the light we start cooling down and we won’t be on fire for Jesus.

Lastly, he reminded us to step out in our faith, and this applies everywhere: our chapters, our families, our work and yes, even our churches.

God put us on earth and called us to minister to others, sharing His word, His light, His love and hope for the lost in this world.

There will be distractions, life dumps on everyone at some time but remember that God knows what we are going through and even when we are faced with the largest problems, when we face them with Jesus, those problems don’t seem so overwhelming. 
God made us; He will give us the sense to follow Him. 

We just have to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...