Thursday, May 26, 2022

kingdoms and towers

 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

- Proverbs 18:10 (NIV)

 

I absolutely love watching shows that have castles in them, from the castles of England to the Scottish countryside I really think that castles are beautiful.

I love learning about the structures and what purpose they served.

The main reason that castles had towers if for defense because soldiers could see great distances to keep the castle and its inhabitants safe from surprise attacks.

The towers were strong enough to withstand firepower from opposing groups while allowing people to gather in or near the towers for protection. .

I am not surprised that God is referred to as a strong tower in the Bible.

Just as the soldiers kept their people safe in the castle walls, God keeps us safe in His arms.

He really is our strong tower.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...