Thursday, May 12, 2022

I’m fine

But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

- Luke 5:30-32

 

Seriously . . . how often do you go to a doctor when you are feeling fine? 

I am really bad because I don’t even go for the yearly check-ups. 

If we walked into a Medi-clinic or emergency room and said, yeah I am feeling fine, just want to check in, we would get laughed at, I am sure.

Jesus was often criticized when He associated with people that were considered “bad” – the tax collectors, the woman at the well, the sick and lame.  

But wait - there was a reason for His behavior!

He wasn't hanging out with those people to be popular, He came to redeem the enslaved, find the lost, mend the broken and reclaim the sinner.

If He can do it, why can’t we?

Reach out to those around you that others might avoid. 

Maybe you are the only smile they will see today.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...