Tuesday, March 8, 2022

broken or lost

Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

- Jeremiah 17:14 (NIV)

 

When I first moved to Northwest Arkansas almost twenty years ago (whoa, twenty years at the end of this month!) I had no idea what I was getting myself into here.

We did not know a soul here, it was a new house (rental) new school and daycare for our kids, new jobs for both of us.

We didn’t have GPS or google maps and more than once we got lost and the first week my vehicle broke down.

Broken and lost is an accurate description of how I was feeling.

I did not know it then, but God had a mighty plan for us in this crazy world, and I wasn’t even all that close to God at the time.

“What do I do now” was a question that often crossed my mind, but turning to Him was far from my mind.

Until one day, when I prayed.

I had gotten lost on my way to work in Fayetteville, traffic was crazy and for what ever reason I could not talk to my husband.

I remember praying that God would help me.

I believe it was the grace of God that I made it to work that day, that He saved me.

I can go on for days about the times He healed me from illness or injury or saved me from some misfortune or another, but you all know how this story goes.

God will always be there for us, whether we see Him or not, He is working in our lives and in everything there is a plan for us.

When you are broken or lost and wondering what to do, take a minute to pray.

You’ll get answers.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...