Friday, March 4, 2022

keep marching

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

- Philippians 3:14 (ESV) 

 

Movie quote: 
Oh yes, the past can hurt.

But the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.

~ Rafiki, The Lion King

I have heard that the past shapes us. 

While we have no control over what others have put us through or what happened in our past I do feel that it is up to us how we react to those events. 

We can let what happened turn us into hateful, withdrawn or downright evil people or we can take what we have experienced and use it to make us better and to help others.

Don’t let your past mistakes hinder you from pressing forward, from marching forth into a life with Jesus. 

One of my friends told me once that she wishes that she had my faith.

I thanked her for that, but assured her that it is not always easy.

Just like everyone, I have had terrible things happen, things that should have broken me, but my faith is what kept me going.

I may not know what will happen tomorrow, but I do know that I can’t live without God, nor would I want to. 

I urge you to let go of what is behind you to embrace what is in front of you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...