Tuesday, March 29, 2022

perfection is not me

But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

- 1 John 1:9 (NLT)

 

Everyone has a past of which they may not be particularly proud.

I have a past that is not pretty, I have been strong through some things that would break others and there were things that broke me that others sailed through with grace and their dignity intact.

But my past does not define me - I know that I sinned and that I still sin, but that sin does not describe the person I am.

I can admit my mistakes and own my sin, I am human and while I know that I have disappointed people, I also know that there is forgiveness.

If we can admit our mistakes and ask for forgiveness, then we should be able to forgive those who have hurt us.

Sometimes when people hurt us, they hurt themselves just as much and when we forgive them, we set ourselves and them free from the burden of sin.

I will never claim to be without sin because the truth is much better, the truth will set us free, free in the One who died for us so that we can be forgiven.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...