Thursday, March 17, 2022

refined like gold

He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness

- Malachi 3:3

 

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! 
I hope you are wearing your green (it’s supposed to hide you from leprechauns) and that you find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

According to the weather there is a chance of rain today so you might see a rainbow but I doubt there is a pot of gold to be found at the end of it (how does one even tell where the “end” of the rainbow is?). 

Instead, let’s focus on God and let’s have one song reference this week:

Purify my heart, let me be as gold

And precious silver

Purify my heart, let me be as gold

Pure gold

Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire

Is to be holy

Set apart for you Lord

I choose to be holy

Set apart for You my Master

Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart, cleanse me from within

And make me holy

Purify my heart, cleanse me from my sin

Deep within

Ready to worship

Ready to follow

Ready to do Your will

Refiner’s fire was used to heat metal to the point that all of the impurities would come to the surface.

Fortunately, we do not have to go through fire because God purified us by sending His Son to wash away our sin.

I need that kind of cleansing, how about you?

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...