Wednesday, March 2, 2022

conquer your fear

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

- Proverbs 29:25 (NIV)

 

Have you ever been afraid? 

I’m not talking about a childhood fear of the dark or of monsters, but a deeply rooted crippling fear, one that literally prevents you from having happiness in a situation because you can’t get past the fear? 

I have experienced fear like this, I have fought through a lot of anxiety in my life. 

Most of you know that I very much relate to music, I find comfort and understanding in lyrics of different songs – not just Christian artists but secular as well. 
let me take a moment to share snippets of three songs: 
My Monsters Are Real by Shinedown

'Cause my monsters are real, and they're trained how to kill

And there's no comin' back and they just laughed at how I feel

And these monsters can fight, and they'll never say die

And there's no goin' back, if I get trapped I'll never heal

Yeah, my monsters are real

The Breakup Song by Francesca Battestelli
Fear, you don't own me

There ain't no room in this story

And I ain't got time for you

Telling me what I'm not

Like you know me well guess what?

I know who I am

I know I'm strong

And I am free

Got my own identity

So fear, you will never be welcome here

Fear Is A Liar by Zach Williams
Fear, he is a liar

He will take your breath

Stop you in your steps

Fear he is a liar

He will rob your rest

Steal your happiness

Cast your fear in the fire

'Cause fear he is a liar

I have many fears, but I have got to learn to place my fears at the foot of the cross, because me giving in to my fear is telling God that I don’t trust Him.

I am not willing to tell God I don’t trust Him, not after all He has done for me.

I have learned to conquer some of my fears, I am doing things today that I would have not done a year ago, pushing through my anxiety and finding myself on the other side thinking “now that wasn’t so bad”. 

What fear will you conquer when you give it to God? 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...