Thursday, June 20, 2019

why i do this


My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- Colossians 2:2-3

When someone tells me that they really appreciate the messages I send each day, I am very thankful for their kind words.
I love that I am able to share the Gospel and what it means to me with friends and even strangers every day.
I admit that I am sad when I see on my blog that only 10 people read my message, I wonder what I need to do to engage a larger audience.
And then I realize that it doesn’t matter how big the audience is on my blog, because if one person is reading the message of the Bible, that person is considering my words, the words that God gives to my heart.
Maybe as a result of reading what I wrote yesterday, that person was kinder to someone today.
Maybe the person they were kind to, then turns around and is kind to someone else.
Have you ever noticed how good and full your heart feels when you do nice things?
Just like this verse, my goal is to encourage others that they may understand the fullness of the Father, that they may seek and find the treasure He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...