Monday, June 17, 2019

it’s not all about you


The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)

I have so much to say about this verse.
There are many variations of this verse floating around, but I like this one.
I like it because it points out that we all go through the same things.
Take my husband and I for example, he can have a bag of m&m’s sitting on his desk for weeks and never touch it.
But me? Once that bag hits my desk, all bets are off – that bag is gone!
OK that was fun (still true) but in reality what is being said here is that no matter what is going on, you are not the first person to have to deal with it, and guess what? I’ve said it before – you are NOT alone.
God is not going to let anything take you down when you are raising your hands to Him.
(Have to throw in a song reference here)
So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Turn to Him in everything. 
He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...