Wednesday, June 19, 2019

ouch


How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
- Matthew 7:4

Quite often I catch myself complaining about other people.
Most of the time, I am pretty sure that I know what they need to do to change whatever it is that is annoying me at the moment.
Interestingly enough, I never see that I am probably just as annoying to those people as they are to me.
Facing your own sin is much harder than pointing out someone else's problems - it is tempting to "fix" others - but their issues are between them and God.
I am going to do my best to start cleaning up my own yard, instead of sitting on my deck complaining that the neighbor needs to mow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...