Tuesday, June 25, 2019

invisible


Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
- 1 Peter 1:8

People ask me all the time how I can believe in a God that I cannot see.
They challenge my faith, and bring Bible verses to me, asking how my God can be so good when clearly He is vengeful.
The God of the Old Testament was vengeful, and bad things did happen, but there was a lesson in every word.
We teach our children not to touch a hot stove because they will get burned. 
Then when we aren’t looking, the child touches the stove and is indeed burned, does that make you a vengeful parent or does it mean that you don’t care about your child because this bad thing happened?
It is the same thing with God, He left us instructions, He left us with directions.
If something bad happens, it is not because He doesn’t care, it is not because he isn’t there, and it is certainly not because he is vengeful.
But you have to know in your heart that He is there and that He loves you and will take care of you. 
Maybe not in the way you think things should go, but I bet somehow it all works out.

I believe in the sun even if it isn’t shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.
Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...