Wednesday, August 22, 2018

my approval rating


Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.”

Today’s world is full of participation awards.
We can’t go anywhere or do anything without someone wanting to brag that they were there.
Back in the day (yeah, I am old), you had to try out for a position on the team, and if you were not good enough you were not part of that team.
I get it, our precious self-esteem needs a boost.
But i would rather have my boost come from God, than an “I was there” trophy.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...