Friday, August 31, 2018

i called


In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry... But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit. When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.  “Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them. But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good.    I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’
– Jonah 2:2, 7-9

I called to the Lord.
How often do we do that for real? 
Do we lean on Him when we are hurting, scared, lonely, lost, distressed, or do we try to handle everything by ourselves?
If we try to do things without His help, in a way we are clinging to those worthless idols: money, time, leaders . . .
And we will end up in a pit.
Aren’t we lucky that God listens for our cry, He hears our cry.
And He lifts us up from our sorrow.  
Thank you, God!

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...