Wednesday, August 15, 2018

look at your heart


The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

You can go anywhere and see some very interesting things.
I am very critical of my own appearance, even though I know I should not be . . .  a lady told me last week at a clothing store as I pondered making a purchase that women are our own worst critics.
Quite often I find myself looking at the way others dress, wondering if the own a mirror. . .
WOW – I am SO glad that God does not do that! 
I am reminded of a poem from long ago, many variations can be found on the internet:
God doesn’t care about the kind of car you drive, but He might ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation.
God doesn’t care about the square footage of your home, but He might ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
God doesn’t care about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but He might ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
God doesn’t care about your social status, but He might ask if you were a friend to the lonely.
God doesn’t care about the material possessions you had, but He might ask if they dictated your life.
God doesn’t care what your highest salary was, but He might  ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.
God doesn’t care how many promotions you received, but He might ask how you promoted others.
God doesn’t care what your job title was, but He might ask if you preformed your job to the best of your ability.
God doesn’t care what you did to help yourself, but He might ask what you did to help others.
God doesn’t care how many friends you had, but He might ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
God doesn’t care what you did to protect your rights, but He might ask what you did to protect the rights of others.
God doesn’t care what neighborhood you lived in, but He might ask how you treated your neighbors.

God doesn’t look at what you have, He looks at what is in your heart.
What is in your heart?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...