Thursday, August 2, 2018

how about some bread?


Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

—Matthew 4:4

Are you hungry?
When we are hungry, it is easy to go grab something from the kitchen or run to get a to go order.
But what about feeding your soul?
Your soul needs God's Word, His written Word, the Bible.
God demonstrated the Word in Jesus.
He proclaimed His Word in the Gospel.
These Words are more powerful that a triple burger,  these Words can sustain us eternally.
(I was going to put “these words are more powerful than a cowboy ribeye” for my husband, but realized that not everyone knows how absurdly large a cowboy ribeye actually is!)
This is the living bread we seek.
This is my daily bread (song reference!)
This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me
This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me
And I... I'm desperate for you
And I... I'm lost without you
Today on the way to work, I was reminded to slow down. 
On my way to work this morning, i got behind a car on one of the main roads (speed limit 50) that was doing about 40 and i could not pass, and as a result i had to stop at every signal light (3) on that road.
Then when i got on the interstate, i could not get past a line of cars doing 60. 
When i finally made it to my exit, the line was back far enough that i had to wait for a second green to get onto the road that leads me to the office.
i just felt like He is telling me to slow down. . . telling me that I needed to breathe.
Go feed your soul.

Have a blessed day!  


*ICYMI :  I will be taking a break next week, I’m going to be completely unplugged, so there will be no blog updates until the week of the 13th.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...