Wednesday, August 1, 2018

getting rid of the icky stuff


Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Have you watched prime time TV or been to a movie lately?
There is a lot of horrible stuff out there that is passed off as “entertainment”.
I can’t even begin to talk about what is on the internet.
I believe that people really struggle with what is right in the eyes of society and what is right in the eyes of God.
I remember when people would cringe at swear words, and TV shows could not depict a bathroom or a bedroom.
There was an episode of “Leave It To Beaver” that the writers and the network fought to air because it had a toilet in it.  
A toilet!
Back in the day TV shows didn’t air pregnant women, bathrooms, married couples sleeping in the same bed . . .
And today we are just short of seeing literally everything on regular network TV.
Be cognizant of what you are watching, reading, hearing and doing.
Lean more toward what you know is in God’s word.

Have a blessed day!

*side note: I will be taking a break next week, I’m going to be completely unplugged, so there will be no blog updates until the week of the 13th.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...