Thursday, August 16, 2018

what do you make of it?


Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.
– Mark 4:18-19

Growing up in a farm community, I often heard the phrase “you reap what you sow”.
But what about those seeds that you care so much about, planting in the best soil, watering daily, making sure they’ve plenty of sun, yet they wither and die?
I have tried so many times to grow different flowers and plants, and regardless of the research and loving care I give them, they all end up wilted and sad looking, and I end up disappointed in the failure.
I wonder if God feels disappointed when His seeds (humans) fail.
I’m certain that He does.
But unlike me and my dead plants, God is able to breathe new life into His seeds, if we let Him.
We must listen for His voice!
We must hear His word and follow it.
Let His love flow into us, and let us stop being choked by the things of this world.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...